KyuuKyuu-kun (キュッキュ君, キュッキュくん, Kyukkyu-kun, named after the Japanese onomatopoeia of the rubbing noise, exact spelling varies) is a decorative character that can be found next to the Stairway area, reached from Number World.
Kyuukyuu-kun is a tall, constantly smiling worm-like creature whose two black eyes have googley red pupils. Its body is multi-colored, with red being the dominant color. It is shown with a small arm that slightly rubs up and down the handrail of the stairs.
They can be accessed by stabbing an unhappy-looking Zippertile with the Knife effect. This method of entering the Stairway and the fact that the FACE event occurs when progressing further creates a certain discord with Kyuukyuu-kun being a smiling character.
KyuuKyuu-Kun rubs the pole faster if you equip the Knife effect, similarly to how other NPCs flee or move around when you equip the Knife. It also stops rubbing the handrail when you use the Stoplight.
- Some fans consider KyuuKyuu to be phallic imagery, as Madotsuki needs to enter a zipper to access its place.
- KyuuKyuu-kun is a popular character with fans and is often depicted in fanart.
- A fangame called Kyukkyu-kun Game is a simple highscore game starring KyuuKyuu-kun as the main character.
- 'Kyuu' can also mean '9' in Japanese, which is the number you press when you want to wake up in the game on the keyboard. It may or may not have some correlation with Kyuukyuu-kun itself. It's possible that Kyuukyuu-kun is intentionally trying to be creepy towards Madotsuki in an attempt to prevent her from going any further to the FACE event, along with the subject of pressing 'KYUU' to wake up.
- According to a thumbs.db file in version 0.08, KyuuKyuu was originally green.