Sentimental Komuro Michael Sakamoto Dada-sensei (センチメンタル小室マイケル坂本ダダ先生, or simply Masada, or Seccom Masada) is a character found in Madotsuki's dreams. He is found by sleeping in one of the five beds present in the dream world, going down the Staircase of Hands, walking past the elevator, and using either the Umbrella or Yuki-onna effect to extinguish the fire.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Masada is a humanoid NPC who appears to be wearing a solid black suit or jumpsuit. He has pale skin and medium-length black hair, and his eyes point in two different directions (from a front view, his left eye is pointing up, and his right eye is pointing down). His eyes are the only facial feature drawn on his character sprite.
Description[edit | edit source]
He is found in a monochromatic spaceship, and is apparently the pilot, as there are no other characters in the area. He initially stands facing the middle of a large organ. He slowly turns in all four directions randomly. When Madotsuki interacts with him, he makes a trilling, robotic noise, the same one as one of the Neon Creatures. When interacting with him during the spaceship crash event, he makes a higher-pitched version of the same sound; also, he spins around much faster, which implies that he is panicking. When the ship crashes on Mars, his 'voice' is much more low-pitched, possibly signifying that he is upset by the ordeal.
When the Knife is equipped, he backs away from Madotsuki. This can be used, along with his standard reaction to the Cat effect, to play the piano key that he is otherwise standing in front of. This key is slightly out of tune compared to the rest. The background in the Spaceship also draws attention to Madotsuki when using the Cat effect.
Name[edit | edit source]
As for most characters of Yume Nikki, the names are created by fans.
"Sekomu/Seccom Masada-sensei" (セコムマサダ先生) is a shortened mash-up of his full given name,
"Sentimental Komuro Michael Sakamoto Dada-sensei"
- Se = Sentimental
- Ko = Komuro, after Komuro Tetsuya
- Ma = Maikeru, the Katakana of "Michael" from Michael Jackson
- Sa = Sakamoto, after Sakamoto Ryuuichi
- Da = Dada, after an Ultraman enemy
"Seccom" is a result of an English-language simplification of "Sekomu."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Masada is one of only two characters who walk backwards in the game (the other one being Dave Spector). He does this 'moonwalk' when the Knife effect is equipped. This is the origin of the Michael Jackson part of his name, due to his imitation of the iconic dance move, and the similarity in appearance that Masada shares with the entertainer.
- Sakamoto Ryuuichi and Komuro Tetsuya served as inspiration in the name, for being famous Japanese pianists.
- Dada are a group of aliens that attack the earth in Ultraman. While Masada is presumably benevolent, he also somewhat visually resembles them.
- The honorific suffix -sensei attached to his name is to imply that he is an authority figure, as many fans imagine him as a music teacher, due to the fact that Madotsuki is allowed to play on the organ as well.
- Although his name is fan-given, it was later used in merchandise produced by Project Yume Nikki, most likely to promote sales by featuring a name most fans know and can search for. Project Yume Nikki has KIKIYAMA's permission to produce content, but KIKIYAMA themself does not relate to Project Yume Nikki, which means this name should not be regarded as an official, canon name.
Sound Files[edit | edit source]
Sound Files associated with Seccom Masada-sensei.
|Panicked tone, during the crash event.|
|Sad/Remorseful tone, after landing on Mars.|
|All eight piano keys that can be played by Madotsuki. Masada is standing in front of the third one.|
Soundtrack associated with Seccom Masada-sensei. Repetitive noise warning with the second track.
|The background music while you are in The Spaceship.|
|The siren background noise during the crash.|